Graphs in ColdFusion - Demo
I recently was required to demo a sample of the sort of charts and graphs that ColdFusion MX can produce. Check it out here: http://demo.afiniti.co.uk/chartthis/chartdemo.cfm
Graphs were available in ColdFusion 5 via the cfgraph tag, but this was changed to cfchart in MX.
There are as many options and permutations of options as you can dream up. The only thing I haven’t been able to do, that is a ‘requirement’ from management, is to print the X-axis labels vertically. But then again, I actually haven’t tried because in my opinion that’s what legends are for.
The output from CFMX is animated Flash charts, or jpg or png images. I’m not going to go through each of the options available though. RTFM.
So the demo I created simply does this: it is an HTML form of all the possible options for the
The source can be downloaded here: http://demo.afiniti.co.uk/chartthis/chartdemo.zip
The code isn’t particularly neat and tidy, nor is there any ‘best practice’ involved, so please don’t criticise me there. It’s only meant to be a quick demo of charts and graphs in ColdFusion. Use at your own risk.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home