Useful freeware utilities
These are some of the little utils I use fairly regularly.
BGInfo – display your computer’s sysinfo on the background. Want to quickly see your MAC address? Do you use multiple machines and want to see which one you're currently on? http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/BgInfo.html
TaskArrange – change the order of programs on your taskbar. When you've got 15 or 20 windows open finding the ones you use most can be tricky if the list on your taskbar changes. So move them around and keep your taskbar neat and ordered. Windows grouping sucks. http://users.forthnet.gr/pat/efotinis/programs/taskarrange.html
WinMerge – compare files or folders for differences. http://winmerge.sourceforge.net/
JR Screen Ruler – measure stuff on your screen. http://www.download.com/JR-Screen-Ruler/3000-2192_4-7068114.html
Freemind – Mind mapping. Nice quick inferface for jotting down ideas which can be expanded upon. I use Freemind for simple to-do lists, and anything up to determining system requirements. http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Stamp – change the filename of images to reflect the date the pic was taken. Great for sorting images from different cameras. And for example, my camera starts it's numbering from 1 every time, so there maybe same-named files in a batch (from different media cards). I just run Stamp on the folders and all is neat and tidy. http://www.klingebiel.com/tempest/hd/stamp.php4
Not technically a utility, but I use this online Lorum Ipsum generator: http://www.lipsum.com/feed/html

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home