Yum yum
I never use the browser’s internal ‘favorites’ because it ties to that machine, and you have to remember to back them up, and mainly because you just land up with a huge long list of crap.
Anyway, I started using del.icio.us (as in http://del.icio.us) a few months ago and it seems I have quite a few useful links in there. The biggest attractions for me are that when we save a link you have to give it tags (keywords), and of course that you are storing it in one location, regardless of which browser or where you happen to be.
You can even put buttons into your browser (on the Links bar) so it becomes a one-click affair.
I see they have a ‘network’ thing going where you can share your links with your ‘friends’ and ‘fans’. You can even tag a site as ‘for:derekbez’ so I’ll get it directly.
This might not be great news in the general wide world of the web, but it might be useful for some.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home