President bashing
I recieved yet another Bush-monkey "joke" in email this morning.
I don’t like it when people president-bash. It shows so little respect for authority. Even if Bush is a bit eccentric, and behaves and speaks in a way different to what people expect, it doesn’t make him a bad person, or a bad leader.
It’s like that for all leaders in the (Western) world where the media makes money from dramatasizing anarchic ideas. Free speech is one thing. Bad-mouthing for gain is quite different.
We live in an age of rebellion and anti-authority sentiment. People find it easier to slate someone than actually come up with intelligent contributions or suggestions, particularly regarding those in power. The Bible (Rom 13:1-2) actually says that government is ordained by God and that we need to submit ourselves to it. We also need to pray for our leaders even if we don't agree with them.
Maybe I was just brought up “if you don’t have something good to say about someone, don’t say it.”
(thanks to NatalieR for contributing)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home